Jeep Question [Photo - URL]

Greetings all, I taken a photo of the rear of a Jeep Cherokee Sport 2001 and wanted to know:

  1. What the cable from the rear right wheel is for

and

  1. Is it supposed to be that low to the ground

I've compared other Cherokees and some seem to be that low to the ground and on others are not.

Any advice would be helpful.

Many thanks for taking a look.

Best... Eddy

Reply to
eddy long

Parking brake cable

Probably not. The cable is supposed to be held up with a spring retainer, looks like yours might be missing. My advice, use a long zip tie to pull it up but don't kink the cable.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Zip tie is a temporary fix, they break too easy. Just find a more permanent fixture.

Reply to
Rusted

That is an emergency brake cable waiting to get torn off on the first stump...

It is too low. There are spring like things to hold some types up or the cable might route differently if installed at a different twist. I think one or both ends have square fittings so if you twist the cable

1/4 turn or so, it will re seat in the holes and be looped up higher. You would have to remove the rear shoes to do this likely. Maybe not, but I think it works that way.

Mike

eddy l>

Reply to
Mike Romain