Jeep Toad

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

He's very dense and when he flips his smallblock powered flatfender and kills himself his kids will cheer.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

Most people don't, he is buying SOMEONE ELSEs vehicle. Duh.

Building one from an aftermarket frame and a Shell Valley body kit is cheaper and in most states you can get it titled as an old one either using an Alabama title or going the Street Rod route.

That way you can get exactly what you want. Front and rear axles, transfer case, etc.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

for the fourth or fifth time, Bill, you've guessed wrong... While it is hard to imagine that someone as completely divorced from reality as you would choose a similar political philosophy as I, I guess I have to accept it.

I guess I could chalk it up to even a blind squirrel finding a nut sometimes, or in this case, a semi senile net-kook choosing the same political bent.

I didn't snip your link for any such paranoid delusional reason as you assert, I snip to keep the point clear. It still exists in your post for anyone to see.

And where have I evaded any question by ANYONE? Hell no one's ever asked me, and frankly I have never cared about anyone else's wheeling. I wheel in VA mostly woods trails and more often than not as a mean to an end (fishing for Smallmouth Bass, canoing and ATV riding) Nothing incredibly exciting which is why I don't bother talking about it.

Anyway careful where you go with this because everyone here knows damn well that you haven't wheeled a damn thing in recent history.

Reply to
Simon Juncal

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Yep I sure did... and here's what YOUR OWN LINK SAYS ABOUT THE SAME SUBJECT:

"if the system loses its pressure, the de-application pressure is also lost, and the parking brakes will come on as the pressure decreases - providing an "automatic" setting of the parking brakes if system pressure is lost on the road."

So there you go Bill thanks for proving what I said with your link... a lack of air means your brakes lock up. Man are you _TRYING_ to look clueless?

HEY lets do this some more... I'm enjoying embarrassing the biggest asshole on this group so here's some more point for point:

Your link: "Of major importance is the difference between air and the "normal" hydraulic brakes with which all are familiar - the air brake pedal is not a Pump, as with hydraulic brakes, but rather a Valve."

Which is a fancy way of saying the same thing I said: "Because air brake systems works backwards from how we are used to brakes working... The default state on a semi's brake system is LOCKED UP... Unlike hydrolic systems where a lack of fluid will result in NO BRAKES, a lack of air will result in total brakes."

Man your link is doing a great Job of making you look ignorant!

Link: "Thus, the spring brakes (sometimes referred to as "Maxis," or maxi-brakes) are always on, unless the spring is "caged" by the second additional air chamber, "piggy-backed" onto the one already there for the regular service brakes. To de-apply the parking brakes, the system must first be brought up to pressure"

And I wrote (simplified of course): "This is because air is used to push against the heavy springs that are ALWAYS trying to push the brake shoes against the drums."

Good grief Bill, you are horrible at this... I'm starting to feel like I'm beating up on a cripple, so if you want the last word(s) go for it, make up some outlandish accusation, link to some semi-relevant page that does a good job of contradicting you, and accuse me of being something you have no idea about... have fun...

Reply to
Simon Juncal

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

And they only lockup the axles the maxis are on. God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Your answers remind us of a computer program named "Eliza" except that yours is running on a computer with memory parity errors and a really bad virus.

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

Thats one way to do it. And here I thought it was a better idea to just avoid the rollovers by staying within the vehicle capabilities--go figure.

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

I didnt get the beginning of this wonderfuly entertaining thread, but just to fan the flame here the maxis wont lock anything up if they are out of adjustment, and for that matter if the brakes are hot and you are moving. I dont know about now, but there was a time when trailers didnt have maxis and would roll away all the time. Since I missed the beginning, how does this tie in with JEEPs?

John > And they only lockup the axles the maxis are on.

Reply to
John Murphy

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

well bill, fortunately for me I gave up the log book 12 yrs ago, trading it in for 4 yrs of a transfer dump, 7yrs of transit mixer, now I driving a teeny 10 wheel dump for the city of LV. I actually had one of my supervisors tell me that I dont need to inspect the truck as thorough as I did because no one else did. I told him OK then finished my inspection.

John > Hi John,

Reply to
John Murphy

Reply to