LF : TROUBLE CODE + ABS LIGHT PROBLEM...

I have the ABS lights comming on since i have replace the 4 struts and the front u joint. The air filter and oil been replace as well. The vehicule is ok until i reach about 3-4 Mph then the ABS get crazy and the light come on.

I have code 12 and code 55

thank you

--

-- LE CLONE

279 Notre-Dame Gatineau, Qc J8P 1K6 (819) 643-0511

snipped-for-privacy@bellnet.ca

Le CLone

Le CLone did pass the time by typing:

First off, ABS doesn't set any codes you can get from the CE light.

12 and 55 are normal.

Double check the ABS sensor connections on the front end. Odds are one is disconnected or has been knocked out of spec.

Make, model, year would help too.

Reply to
DougW

It's a 96 Grand Cherokee 4.0 L

Reply to
Le CLone

My mechanic already dissambled the front sensors and clean them up. the problem did not exist before, Could it be something in the rear brake ? is it ABS on the 4 wheels ? What do you mean by saying out of specs ??

Also my front rotors had shield protector that where totally rusted and been removed could it have something to do ?

Thank you

Reply to
Le CLone

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Well there you go. Sounds like he did a right proper job cleaning them up eh?

I would take it back and tell the fool to plug the things back in or fix whatever he screwed up.

Mike

Le CL>

Reply to
Mike Romain