More VW Diesel Knee-Slappers

Uh... I owned a 78 rabbit diesel, own a 99.5 jetta tdi diesel and too many to count in between and can tell you that all of them have averaged at least

45 mph while I owned them. The last was a 96 Passat wagon tdi and at 107k miles it had averaged 45mpg per gallon every tankfull! When my current jetta was driven mostly highway it always got over 50 mpg. Now with mostly in town it's 45 mpg. I once tried to buy a Charokee with the turbo diesel mitchabitchi (sp?) engine but the salesman at the local jeep dealer was too dumb to know what I was talking about. Must be a jeep thing... But the hybrids's rating are indeed totally unrealistic. But Honda and toyoto don't come up with the numbers, the EPA does.

JoBo

Reply to
Jo Bo

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Close. Mitsubishi. From the folks who brought you the Zero.

  1. Mitsubishi A6M Zero-Sen - Japan
Reply to
Lee Ayrton

Not close - its the VM Italian engine isn't it ?

Reply to
Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

That must be fun to drive ...

Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Plus, no one will be able to shoot you from behind due to the smokescreen.

Reply to
Jerry McG

I have to agree with Paul. Back in 1999 I visited the relatives over in Germany. The mostly all drive diesels, from VW, Audi to Mercedes. The fuel over there is so much better, you can't even notice your behind a diesel.

I own 5 vehicles:

94 YJ 193000 miles 94 Jetta 188000 miles 91 ECOdiesel 201000 miles 89 Golf 16V GTI 138000 miles and finally an 86 Golf Diesel 284000 miles.

Today I finished doing a cambelt, tensioner, v-belts, water pump, thermostat change on the 86. Last week I swapped out the coolant system on the YJ with all new hoses, clamps and a 3 core all metal radiator. Sweet... I also just bought a Banks Stinger cat back for the Jeep and that will go on when I get some more free time. I also want to do a body mount swap but I am still up in the are about the DayStar 1" body lift replacement kit.

They have them already but in South Africa I believe.

WOW!!! I don't think you can do that with a gasser. :-) Maybe one of those Japanese 1 million mile mobiles but that's about it. :)

Reply to
Peter Parker

Which is a great idea. It's going to be a lot less expensive to add cleaner/scrubber hardware to a large production plant than it would be to add it onto individual vehicles.

Reply to
wkearney99