Hub & Rotor Swapping

Hey Everyone, My '82 Scrambler needs rotors, mine are pretty warped. Sounds like a good time to swap the stock 5-bolt hubs for the 6-bolt style. I have a complete narrow-trac Dana 30 axle collecting dust in my garage, with Warn Premiums on it. The rotors on that axle look ok, but i can get new for dirt cheap (read: parts store cost). What will i need to take from that axle? It's got two-bolt caliper mounts, am i correct to assume 78-81 vintage? I know my bearings are old, probably since '82; they will be replaced, as well. Since the caliper mounts on both axles are the two-bolt style, can i leave mine on the Scrambler? I'll also needs pads for the older rotors, right?

Thanks a Bunch, Don W

Reply to
Don Wallish

I haven;t got an answer for you, but since I'd like to convert my '76 CJ5 with front drums to a factory disk setup I'm interested in the outcome. Seems '77 & '78 disks, hubs, calipers, etc. are somewhat of an odd duck vs. later years, but have thicker disks and the 6 bolt hubs.

Reply to
Jerry McG