Newbe - 98 Wrangler 4cyl - Catalitic Converter/o2 ...gone

I sure could use your help.

I just purchased a used 98 Jeep Wrangler. I have discovered that the Cat converter and o2 sensors are gone (cut out and replaced with a "noise suppressor"). Before I spend the big bucks to get this corrected, IS tha converter and o2 sensor needed equipment? If so, where was the o2 sensor located (In the Cat, after the Cat...). Can I purchase the o2 sensor or Cat after market?

Any and ALL help greatly appreciated.

I look forward to your reply.

Reply to
Todd

L.W.(ßill)

Thanks for the picture.

I'm LA by not Kalyfornia (Louisiana). I'm not sure what the o2 sensor does much less if I need it. Any thoughts?

Reply to
Todd

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Figures. Jeep is running well but If I need it - I guess I need it.

Do you know where I could get an o2 sensor? I crawled under again and found the first o2 sensor. I guess this one goes behind the cat...

Thanks again for your help,

Reply to
Todd