No No NO! You need a Jeep for that not a Vette!

i think it's a Densa meeting. You could probably set up a mobile oil-change/bearing repacking business there, but they would just wait until the bearings rust and denounce their vehicles as "high maintenance junk".

Reply to
Paul Calman

Glamis is nice but its not like it used to be when I was a teenager.... I really don't need to go on about the Hummer 100K buggy crowd to explain further.

As for Pismo the few pictures I have put up are not even a start... I have tons but I never got around to putting them all up, I may have to do so... they are great.

From the guy in the Mercedes 300E that went through 2ft of water once, twice, then a third only to get stuck on the 4th and get towed out to a brand spanking new Dodge V10 (still with dealer plates) try to cross 4ft of water are some of my favs. The time a man and a lady in a Ford Ranger with the lady saying no right up to where they got stuck, you could see her yelling at him in the middle of the river... I'll dig those pictures out this weekend and put them up for everyone :)

-- Taylor

'89 Audi 200 '03 Audi S6 Avant '98 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Reply to
Just Taylor

To get to Oceano Dunes you have to cross the Arroyo Grande Creek which often flooded during high tide. It was always best right after a storm but they don't release as much water as they used to...

Anyway for those on the Oceano Dunes side of the creek who wanted to head out of the SVRA either had to wait until the high tides went down or take their luck. Every angle and way of attacking the creek went down, some made it and some didn't. Maybe if some didn't listen to the bystanders egging them on with "sure you'll make it" they wouldn't have had destroyed their cars/trucks/motorhomes :)

-- Taylor

'89 Audi 200 '03 Audi S6 Avant '98 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Reply to
Just Taylor

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Oh I see they were headed out to the dunes and had to cross the water. Yeah that makes sense, although trying to do it in some of those cars doesn't make sense. My old Chevy truck could go through almost 4 feet of standing water. but it was a tall truck and you had to lock the clutch driven fan into place. It was sort of designed to do that type of thing like a lifted Jeep is. But the Rustang is going to live up to it's name. Oh is that salt water or Fresh? :)

Reply to
Scooby Don't

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Interesting sites. It's too bad the various Green Idiot groups keep trying to shut everything down. Salt water will just kill the underside of your car.

Reply to
Scooby Don't