NYE/NYD Snow Run

That looks like it was fun! Every 3 years or so we get some snow...about

1 >
twaldron

Looks like is was a great time! We do a snow run here in WV in February or March... can't wait!

What happend to the (Ford?) pick-up truck's wheel? Break a ball joint?

-- JimG

80' CJ-7 258 CID 35" BFG MT on 15x10 Centerlines D44 Rear, Dana 30 Front. SOA 4.56 Gears, LockRight F&R Dana 300 w/4:1 & Currie twin sticks Warn X8000i w/ dual batteries
Reply to
JimG

Nah...got in the ditch, while trying to get out he pulled the tire off the bead to the inside (and then mangled it), then we had to figure out how to get him out far enough to change the tire. It was him, a 94 Land Cruiser and 2 TJ's at that point. Yup, its a Ford F350 Deisel pickup. First time I have ever seen that guy stuck - although last run he also blew a bead on a tire, while pulling the rest of us out of trouble. lol.

Reply to
jbjeep

It was, it was! =)

'bout 30" or more up where we finally turned around.

Reply to
jbjeep

Wow! That REALLY looked like fun!! Nice photos. I saved a couple of them for desktop background photos.

Thanks,

Tom

Reply to
mabar

We had no snow up here. :-(

Just glass ice and freezing rain. Fun still.

Mike

jbjeep wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Well, its a merry 7 degrees out right now, with nasty wind gusts (our predicted low for today was 10 - I think that might have actually been the high today). They are predicting an ice storm...but its too dang cold for rain... I dunno, tomorrow could be interesting. =) I dont like ice, but I am getting along ok on this packed snow/ice that we have here.

Reply to
jbjeep

But didja have fun???!!!!

Reply to
jbjeep

Oh yes!

It was slick enough to have a good pucker factor and unknown at the time to my wife she was umm... commenting at one spot where my son and I flipped the CJ a few years back...

Coming out today was strange, it was -10C and freezing rain. The stuff was freezing to the windshield faster than the wipers or defrost could keep up to.

You couldn't walk on it....

Mike

jbjeep wrote:

Reply to