Snow run pics

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Yall look like you were on a logging expedition :¬) There are some really pretty hotos in there Jenn, thanks for sharing.

We went out today and stomped in mud puddles looking for a couple of caches. It was fun.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

You folks sure seem to have to cut a lot of trees.... We normally pull the whole tree off to the side with our winches up here in Canada.

Nice shots.

Mike

=)
Reply to
Mike Romain

Awesome pics, great inspiration for my soon to be Quebec Snow Run - can believe we don't have snow yet in the Montreal area!

Reply to
Thoth1126

Wow, that looks fun. I miss that ever since moving to FL... :( Only crappy mud and sand runs down here unless you drive forever. Maybe I could have m Jeep flown somewhere and meet it for a trip like that, with gas costing what it does, ha ha. Thanks for the great pics!

Matt

Reply to
mhammer8

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
RoyJ

The Sun's diameter is 1.4 million kilometers (1380000 kilometers).

That's 870000 miles. Not 800, eight hundred seventy /thousand/.

So you're only off by a /factor/ of 1,087. (870000/800=1087.5)

Failed again. Large.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Century 2, Quatrain 62

Mabus will soon die, then will come, A horrible undoing of people and animals, At once one will see vengeance, One hundred powers, thirst, famine, when the comet will pass.

Century 2 Quatrain 41

The great star will burn for seven days, The cloud will make two suns appear: The large mastiff will howl all night When the great pontiff changes his abode.

-- Michel de Nostradame (1503-1566)

Reply to
bubonic

Not possible here...trees fell between trees and are trapped. Have to cut them usually. Or at least cut one side and yark the other out of the way. Too many short rigs for us to go over some of them, others were way too high off the ground. There were a few times we were able to go around off to one side of the downed tree. For some reason this one trip no one had a chainsaw with them. ROTFL.

-jenn

Reply to
jbjeep

Which one?? We had 4 or 5 of them chewing that tree apart. They were damned if they were going to have to wait for a power saw to show up. =)

-jenn

Reply to
jbjeep

Hey, cant blame me, I dont even own one. lol. Yea, everyone figured that everyone else would bring one...including the local boys.

-jenn

Reply to
jbjeep

You're welcome. Now that sounds like fun too. My caching is seriously hampered by snow and ice and below freezing weather. This stuff has to melt off and then I will think about going out for a hunt again.

-jenn

Reply to
jbjeep

WOW! Thats hard to beleive. But then again, my freinds in NY said that they dont have any either. Weird. Very weird.

-jenn

Reply to
jbjeep

If you are gonna do that, have it shipped to AK and meet it up there! =) It was fun. Thats only the second snow run I have been on this year and it was dry powdery stuff - really fun to play in and you dont end up soaked to the skin the first time out of the rig either.

-jenn

Reply to
jbjeep

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

We've been having weather in the low 60's this past week. Just started raining yesterday and again this morning. Our pond is finally full enough to hit the spillway. It has been fun being able to get out and run around a little for a change.

We have lots of gooey slick stuff out there to get stuck in!

Kate

Reply to
Kate

The places we wheel in look and feel similar except lacking the elevation changes and scenic vistas. We take a mid range saw with 14" or

16" blade, rarely make an all day run without tak> Hey, cant blame me, I dont even own one. lol. Yea, everyone figured that everyone
Reply to
RoyJ

Its 730 am and we are at a lovely 14 degrees. I tried to look out the front window to see what the weather is, but its iced over.

-jenn

Reply to
jbjeep

We have that issue too with the snowmobilers. Although there are a lot less of them here. However, in the winter we dont bother with the trails and just hit the roads. there is plenty of snow. Also, up higher there are a lot of areas closed from Dec-April for the snowmobiles - but we can simply avoid them when the snow is this low down. They go the same place we were headed, but they go in on a different road.

-jenn

Reply to
jbjeep