Off Topic: World War Two Victory Day.

Victory, May 7, 1945, German government issues unconditional surrender to Allied forces. And I bet on this sixth anniversary over the fascist nazi, not one word will be said by the Bleeding Heart Liberals, television, or newspapers controlled by the Euro, and New World Order. Anyway, thanks Dad:

andFather-in-law:
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||Omailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

V-E day!

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

Yep thanks Grandpa and to the many other grandpa's and dad's who played a part.

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

Thanks for sharing Bill.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

V-E Day is still a state holiday in Rhode Island:

And if I see my neighbor to the north I'll make a point of shaking his hand. He's an Eighth Air Force vet.

Carl Saiyed wrote:

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

Yeah.. Thanks to my great uncles and my father in law ( He fought in 3 wars, WWII - He was a POW and won the Bronze Star , Korea, and Vietnam).. My grandfather wasn't allowed to go and fight.. The government said he was too important to go.. He tried to volunteer 3 times and all 3 times he was denied.. He worked at Union Carbide.. They made plastics for the war...

Ben

95 YJ 2.5L
Reply to
Ben

Excellent Story!! I had 2 Uncles in WWII - that fought very hard in the war (as teenagers) - One in particular did a lot of hand to hand combat. The war changed both of them forever - they will never be forgotten by their family.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck

Andy Rooney had some nice things to say...

Joe Carroll

2K-TJ

There are some simple truths...And the dogs know what they are." Joseph Duemer

Reply to
Joe Carroll