Opinions wanted on OME for 92 XJ

[Although there is a similar thread out, I have some different questions...]

I have a '92 XJ Laredo with about 150k mi on it, and am looking at putting a mild lift on it. It's a daily driver that occasionally goes off-road. I'm not planning on a heavy winch or bumpers.

I'm trying to choose between a 'standard' 3" lift (probably RE) and putting an Old Man Emu system on it. Either way the Jeep gets new coils up front, new rear leaf packs (no AALs), and four shocks.

I have a couple questions about the OME lift:

(1) What kind if height increase have people actually gotten with the medium OME components? (2) What tire size can I get on it with the OME - 30" or 31"? (3) Is the OME t-case drop really needed for this height increase? (It's seems to be included in all the system/install prices quoted.) (4) Is the difference in ride as great as advertised? (5) Is it worth the cost?

Thanks! SEG.

Reply to
Stephen Gibbs
  1. 2-2.5" with the regular duty lift, 3-3.5" with the heavy duty lift.
  2. 31's *may* fit the regular lift but you'd be restricted in flexy situations
  3. It's a crap shoot, install the lift and drive it - install as necessary.
  4. Everyone claims that it is better than factory, never heard otherwise.
  5. Quality lift, not absurdly expensive - if it's the right size for you I'd say yes.

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD