OT A sad day.

A sad day.

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I'm very sorry to see any competitor die, esp in front of the fans.

What happened? None of the articles I read said anything about that - did he go off the track at the traps or collision or what?

John Davies

'96 Lexus LX450 '00 Audi A4 1.8T quattro Spokane WA USA

Reply to
John Davies

Looked like a rear tire went after he crossd the line and popped the chute. The car then folded up, with some fire, then barely touched the wall. The cage area around him was intact.

I would like to find out what killed him. It looked like a very survivable wreck. A wild guess was that something entered the cockpit area and got him.

Reply to
Retiredff

A sad day indeed. My brother drives a blown hemi in the IHRA Pro Outlaw class and it scares the living daylights out of my family every time we hear about things like this.

But he says there's nothing like do 1/4 mile in 6.04 @224 mph

chad

02 TJ
Reply to