OT (sort of) "Sea Foam"

Any experience with this product? My neighbor has a Stihl Weedwacker that was running poorly (even after a new plug- gapped properly and fresh fuel) He drained the gas (2-cycle) and poured some of this stuff in, added some more fresh fuel and the thing runs great! I'm going to try it in my aging garden tractor but I was wondering if I shouldn't throw some in the TJ (2003 6-cyl, 42K miles) once a month for "maintenance". The Jeep runs fine, but it seems to "work miracles" on other internal combustion engines.....

Am I nuts or does this stuff really work? Can it hurt? Has anyone heard of or tried this stuff?

Thanks for your input.

John

Reply to
John R

I was trying to save myself from snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com, but wouldn't let me go...

| Any experience with this product? My neighbor has a Stihl | Weedwacker that was running poorly (even after a new plug- | gapped properly and fresh fuel) He drained the gas (2-cycle) | and poured some of this stuff in, added some more fresh fuel | and the thing runs great! I'm going to try it in my aging | garden tractor but I was wondering if I shouldn't throw some | in the TJ (2003 6-cyl, 42K miles) once a month for | "maintenance". The Jeep runs fine, but it seems to "work | miracles" on other internal combustion engines..... | | Am I nuts or does this stuff really work? Can it hurt? Has | anyone heard of or tried this stuff? | | Thanks for your input. | | John

I have a few shop buiddies that swear by it...and it helps find exhaust leaks, too....you'll know what I mean if you use it!

Reply to
Joseph P

Sea Foam was originally concoted to deal with outboard motors stored over the winter with gas/oil mix in the carb. Does a great job of SLOWLY disolving the crud out. (Too fast and the crud sloughs off and plugs the main or idle jets. )

Not sure if it does much of any good > Any experience with this product? My neighbor has a Stihl Weedwacker

Reply to
Roy J

I don't have any experience with Sea Foam, but IMHO it is much better to prevent problems by following proper maintenance intervals, using quality lubricants and good quality gas (like Chevron with Techron) and using a fuel stabilizer like StaBil for any engine that sits more than a month between gas fill ups. StaBil is especially helpful in garden and power equipment that may sit 6 to 9 month between use - like your neighbor's Weedwacker ;)

Miracle products that cure existing conditions worry me, and I don't use them. Especially in a new vehicle.

John Davies

'96 Lexus LX450 '00 Audi A4 1.8T quattro Spokane WA USA

Reply to
John Davies

Thanks to those who replied. I added some to the tractor and damned if the thing isn't humming like a Bride on her wedding night. As far as the Jeep goes, I think I'll leave well enough alone. It's running fine and gets 18+ MPG (50 miles one way to work- Warrenton VA to Reston VA most highway)

Thanks again for the input.

John

Reply to
John R