Calculate Actual miles

My CJ7 has 32" tires with a stock Speedometer/Odometer. How can I calculate the actual mileage with these different size tires?

Thank you,

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

By finding a 'measured mile' on the highway or by using a GPS system.

You can try and pace a car or something, but then you are limited to how accurate theirs is.

There are some 'calculators' around, I'm sure Bill H has a link or three, but if you want to get it right, you need to test your own. If the local cops are twitchy about their over speed allowance, then 2 or 3 mph can be a killer.

When I went to one size above the stock offered for my year Cherokee, my speedometer and odometer became exact according to my GPS. On that highway, I am tagging a pile of satellites so the accuracy is less than

1 meter or 3'. I'll bet the calculators would be off on mine....

Mike

William Oliveri wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Take a look at

itmight give you what you need.

Reply to
John Benito

I don't know how you can calculate what has happened in the past, but you can replace the gear that drives the speedo so all future readings are accurate.

Reply to
CRWLR