OT: U-hall -- Explorer -- Venting

Ejection protection eh....how about a Jeep condom?

Reply to
SB

Screw those guys at U haul. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Gee, Bill, I don't know, it's been two years and twelve hundred miles ago.

Reply to
Tirya

I just wouldn't take the chance myself.

I got gassed once by CO and it only took 15 miles on the highway with a trunk cracked open to have me not able to hold my eyes open. Couldn't figure out what was going on until I stoped and bailed out into fresh air. I leaned against the trunk and realized it was open.

Mike

Tirya wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Anyone at the Milton, FL U-Haul (right by Pensacola) will rent to ANYONE in ANY vehicle. I picked a big trailer up from them in my TJ with the top down last year and the guy never even came out to look at my car... too bad my dumb self put too much in it and trashed my axle :)

Matt

Reply to
Matt

Yeah, those pricks sold me one of those proprietary adapters for $15...what a great racket they have going on.

Matt

Reply to
Matt

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Sorry to disappoint you, Bill, I didn't itemize that year and I didn't take a deduction for the move because it wasn't work-related.

Reply to
Tirya

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I'm told that some U-Haul outlets are company shops and that some are franchise outlets (as told to me by a gas station operator who was bitching about how the company-owned shops dump all the junky trucks on the franchise shops). That might explain the difference in policy enforcement: The company employees stick to policy because they want to keep their jobs, the franchise operators rent to whoever will pay them money.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

Guess I can lose the various pictures of the numerous trailers my roomate and I pulled behind our Miata's. Mostly from Tampa to Deal's Gap and back, then moving to Knoxville.... and taking bikes back down (enclosed trailers) to Florida...

It's kind of funny at times when you have two heavy jet-ski's behind a '93 Miata.. 2,200lb car pulling about 1,600lbs from Tampa to TN up through winding mountain roads. Never did have a problem with it.

Reply to
DragonRider