Overhead console

Has anyone ever installed an overhead console from a Grand Cherokee in a regular (real) Cherokee?

I decided to bite the bullet and get a new engine put in my 96 Cherokee (the original 4.0 six developed a rod knock after only 300,000 miles), and I want to do a few upgrades to the Jeep as I'm going to be driving it for a long time yet.

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

Jeff DeWitt did pass the time by typing:

That might be an interesting task. What are you trying to get? The computer (trip deely) interfaces to the vehicle electronics so it probably won't work in your XJ. The outside air temp sensor would have to be installed also. The rest of that console is just lights.

Reply to
DougW

With sheet metal screws and zip ties you can do most anything.

Earle

***
Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Geeze Jeff, ONLY 300 thousand miles. *sigh* They just don't make em like they used to.

*wink*

Kate

Reply to
Kate

Don't forget the duct tape...

Reply to
billy ray

Dang it Earle! You fogot the duct tape AGAIN!

Kate

: > I decided to bite the bullet and get a new engine put in my 96 Cherokee : > (the original 4.0 six developed a rod knock after only 300,000 miles), : > and I want to do a few upgrades to the Jeep as I'm going to be driving : > it for a long time yet. : >

: > Jeff DeWitt : : : *** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** : *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from

***

Reply to
Kate

Ok, I saw this AFTER I posted.

You're starting to scare me

: > Earle Horton wrote: : >>

: >> With sheet metal screws and zip ties you can do most anything. : >>

: >> Earle : :

Reply to
Kate

You just wanted something handy to make stripes with...

When I went to the store to get wiper blades and groceries I saw that I told a fib about being stickerless. I have two and another on the dash awaiting being stuck...

Reply to
billy ray

Ain't that the truth!

Guy at the shop that's doing the work commented that I must have really babied that Jeep... actually I drove the you know what out of it... bet I'm one of the few people that knows a Jeep has a rev limiter on it!

Jeff DeWitt

Kate wrote:

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

Double sided tape brings a thought to mind Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

Double sided tape brings a thought to mind Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

The one awaiting application is an annual county park use permit, the other two are to advertise that all the glass has been etched with a traceable serial number.

Reply to
billy ray

Reply to
KByington

Reply to
KByington

Thanks heavens. Sooooooooooo what do they say huh huh???

: > You're starting to scare me : >

: >

: > : > Earle Horton wrote: : > : >>

: > : >> With sheet metal screws and zip ties you can do most anything. : > : >>

: > : >> Earle : > : : > : : >

: >

: :

Reply to
Kate

Well, if I get the colored duct tape, I could make it look like a real circus wagon.

Reply to
Kate

No Kidding! Well now I have to------------- awww crap, I have an auto.

I've dumped my share of vehicles on their knees via the rev limiter the first time it happens is a real aww shit moment isn't it?

Reply to
Kate

Sure is, especially if your passing someone at the time!

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

At work they have a name for that kind of tape... managers tape.

Jeff DeWitt

Coasty wrote:

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt