Overhead console

"Jeff DeWitt" wrote : > the first time it happens is a real aww shit moment isn't it? : >

: >

: : Sure is, especially if your passing someone at the time! : : Jeff DeWitt

Or driving your husbands Powerstroke....

Reply to
Kate

Around 5000rpm in my TJ. I found it during an obstacle course competition at a Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Assocition event. Came in 1st place too, even with a 2-second penalty. My spare tire carrier has never been the same....

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

I did not know about the RPM limiter, there is a MPH limiter on the WJs

4.0 liter : 105 mph 4.7 Liter: 114 mph 4.7H.O.: 118 mph

Reply to
billy ray

The revs I get, but Wranglers and 85 ????!

Seahag

"Kate" wrote:

Reply to
Seahag

In my entire life I cannot imagine going that fast in my TJ At 85 it starts to drift.

: >> I'm one of the few people that knows a Jeep has a rev limiter on it! : >

: >

: :

Reply to
Kate

Er... I am I reading this out of context?

*shakes head*
Reply to
Jason Backshall

: > "Jeff DeWitt" wrote : > : > the first time it happens is a real aww shit moment isn't it? : > : >

: > : >

: > : : > : Sure is, especially if your passing someone at the time! : > : : > : Jeff DeWitt : >

: > Or driving your husbands Powerstroke.... : >

: >

: : Er... I am I reading this out of context? : : *shakes head*

***BLUSH*** Yes, I think so....
Reply to
Kate

I don't undestand the question...

*dim blonde look*

Kate

Reply to
Kate

In the obstacle course I decided to screw shifting and left it in first gear

4-hi. That's how I found the rev limiter.
Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Hey now, you are an hour ahead of the world...

Mike

Kate wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Considering that my XJ is box stock basic (speedo and gas gage), I'll take whatever I can get!

Are the computers different between the XJ and the JGC? Does anyone have any idea just how different the vehicles electronics are? It would be neat if I could get that stuff working but not the end of the world if I can't.

It looks like the temp sensor is just a $20 part, so that shouldn't be bad at all.

Actually one of my biggest concerns is how to support the thing.

Ahh, nothing like another challenge

Thanks!

Jeff DeWitt

DougW wrote:

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

Dang! A man on a mission!

: > : >> I'm one of the few people that knows a Jeep has a rev limiter on it! : > : >

: > : >

: > : : > : : >

: >

: :

Reply to
Kate

I halfway expected a pushrod to impale the hood, but she still runs ok.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Someone mentioned the XJ limited's had an overhead console. You may well have the factory wiring for that.

I think my WJ uses the same sensor for the computer as it does for the outside temperature thermometer. You may not need another one.

Reply to
billy ray

It looks like Advance Auto is listing the same temp sensor for both the XJ and the GC.

It will be interesting what I find when I get into this project, but first I have to get the console (just won one on ebay), and my Jeep back with it's fresh engine later this week.

I can't WAIT to have my little red Cherokee back!

Jeff DeWitt

billy ray wrote:

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

Did you get the XJ or WJ console?

Which features does it have?

Reply to
billy ray

It's from a 96 WJ, and to be honest I was looking at two different ones and its not really clear what if anything this one has other than lights. Guess I'll find out!

Jeff DeWitt

billy ray wrote:

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

'sOK, kinda like going 60 in a sailboat...

Seahag

I remember going down a 3 mile hill on an old ten speed with the really skinny tires. We were coming down the hill from Skyline Drive to Luray, Virginia. Someone yelled, "It's a race", so off we went, zig zagging around cars and each other all the way down that twisty winding two-lane road. Crazy kids...

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

Ahhmmm, well actually when I put in bid I was thinking it was for a regular Cherokee, and now I've bought it. If worse comes to worse it will be back on eBay soon!

Jeff DeWitt

KBy> Our '01 Cherokee Limited has an overhead console. Maybe you can find

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt