Ping > Nathan - welding question

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Later today, I am at work now, but I will hook you up tonight.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Newton

I attached a picture of the back of White Trash Jeep..... sorry for file size, but I wanted to make it good enough for someone to zoom and hopefully see what I did. Also, I know it is a bad angle to show how I attached the Ujoint to the bumper. I will try to find another pic, I have them somewhere.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Newton

PLease post the URL, I bet everyone here would like to see...

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Hehehe yeaaah, that whole URL thing, I don't quite have that figured out yet. Just another thing on my list of honey-do's. Check elsewhere in the thread, I posted it as a file attachment. Sorry for my internet shortcomings.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Newton

it didnt come through for me. i dunno if the attachment failed or if my isp stripped it. if youll mail it to me ill be glad to stick it online for you and link everyone to it. to email me just click here.

Nathan Collier

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
twaldron

jerry, ive been in the jeeping game for awhile and i thought i had just about seen it all until i saw your tire mount. what awesome functional innovation! prior to seeing your pictures i think tom rein's shifter

was about the coolest thing ihad ever seen on any jeep. with a little modification, your design says"JEEP" to any real jeeper that sees it. its a pleasure to host these pics,and ill most definately be copying at least most of your design. ive set up a temporary page just to show off the pics of your bumper. if you would like it to be a permanent page linked to off the main jeepers page just let me know. maybe send me some pics of the front with some details.

GOOD JOB!

Reply to
Nathan Collier

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I agree with Nathan. That is one cool design. I've been looking around for a better hinge ever since I built my bumper:

Last year I rebuilt the hinge because the bearings had rusted into a solid mass of iron oxide. This time I used bronze oil-lite bushings and while they are better than the timpken bearings I used previously there is still room for improvement. This idea has all kinds of merit. You could used sealed bearing cups, or keep the zerk fitting and grease the hinge every now and then.

Good job, . . . and back to lurking for me ;-)

Dean

Reply to
Dean

Thanks for all the kind words.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Newton

I really appreciate your compliments, it means much knowing that a weldor/fabricator by trade found merit in something that I did out in the garage.

I would be honored to be added to your site in a more permanent fashion. Thank you for inviting me. I will take some more pics of the whole vehicle in the near future and forward them to you. YJ is a constant work-in-progress, but still the favorite daily driver for myself and wifey.

Thanks again for all of your compliments.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Newton

all i did was call it like i see it brother, youre the one that built one hell of a tire carrier! jeepers are unique in many ways...but the most prominant (to me) being the preference of raw simplistic function over how "pretty" something is. your tire carrier SCREAMS "jeeper" and would look out of place on any other type of vehicle.

good deal....ill leave the page as is and add the frontal pictures to the page and link it off the main jeepers page.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

Nathan, Thanks for the kind words on the shift knob. Tom Reins

Reply to
cantrelm

Hey Nathan, Thanks for the kind words on the shift knob. Tom Reins

Reply to
cantrelm

I have GOT to make one of these for the WIllys Wagon! That is too cool.

Cheers, - Jeff G

Reply to
Bubba Kahuna

.....just call it like i see it brother.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)