Questions on brake rotors

I am getting ready to do my front brakes on my 99XJ, the store lists two different rotors for it, on is listed as full cast rotor, the other is listed as a composite material? What is the difference, I have 150k on the original, with them being turned about 75k ago, but in ease of time I am going to replace them.

TIA

Kevin in Iowa

Reply to
Kevin in Iowa

Composite rotors tend to warp and cause problems. I would avoid them.

tw

Reply to
twaldron

What is on there now? If you got 150k out of them, try to get the same thing for a replacement. I am guessing cast, but you could take the old ones to the store and tell them this is what you want for the second 150k.

Cheers,

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@t8g2000prg.googlegroups.com...

Still has the factory rotors on them, I am assuming full cast rotors, I purchased a set of Wagner Full cast rotors today, now if I can find my c clamp to collapse the piston in the caliper....

Reply to
Kevin in Iowa

Reply to
Clap Trap

I just use a pry bar of some kind, putting firm, steady pressure on the pistons and they just push back in. Most likely you had factory composite rotors and you were lucky to have no problems with them. Good choice on the cast rotors.

tw

Reply to
twaldron