Rain-X

Well, yes, obviously. You might even be able to measure the decreased distance with a micrometer and good microscope. Heck, if a bug hits your windshield whilst you are chugging along at 75 mph, your vehicle *is* slowed a microscopically small amount. And of course you do know what the last thing that goes thru that bug's mind as it hits your windshield is...

Approximately 11/11/03 11:06, Joe uttered for posterity:

Reply to
Lon Stowell

L.W.(ßill)

yup, all of us. You were drunk at the time !

Dave Milne, Scotland

Reply to
Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
twaldron

Reply to
Tim Hayes

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Rain-X is a great product... I live in a rain forest outside of Seattle.... Nobody knows rain like I do...With Rain-X on my windshield there is no need for wipers..If you have trouble seeing through the windshield you didn't follow the directions when applying the product. Or maybe just too old to be driving at night...; ) Greg

Reply to
Greg Bam

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Approximately 11/17/03 12:04, L.W.(ßill) Hughes III uttered for posterity:

Flashbacks from the 60's?

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Reply to
twaldron

I agree with Bill. I have used Rain-X a few times over the years. Applied it carefully according to the directions. It always seemed to make the wipers streak, and left a film on the windshield that reduced visibility.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Approximately 11/17/03 15:13, mabar uttered for posterity:

I never got the streaking that much, just the problem with film that often acted almost like a diffraction grating. Amount of rain didn't seem to matter, Nebraska thunderstorms or the continual daily rain and fog along the Oregon coast that makes Seattle seem like the Sahara in comparison.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

You should learn to drive with your eyes closed like those minivan drivers.

Reply to
Joe

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Exactly. If you have a film, streaking, haze, or anything except a perfectly clear window then you didn't spend a long enough time and enough paper towels (or whatever) pollishing it off.

Reply to
Tim Hayes

Reply to
Nick N

rain x makes my wiper blades chatter. It is annoying as hell. just use a good quality blade and clean the windshield well. I used to be a big rain x advocate until I got sick of polishing it and dealing with wiper shudder. A fresh application is cool but its not worth the other frustrating nuances. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Just my $0.02, as I've had both bad & good experiences.

Previously, I had the streaking problems. This past August, I was working with my daughter doing the Fall waxing and other maintenance. She found the Fog-X and Rain-X bottles in the pail and asked if she could apply it. We eventually put them on 3 cars, and I am amazed with how well it works.

Previously, I had put it onto the cars in late (cool, wet) Autumn. This year, we did it in warmer weather (late August) - maybe that made the difference. At any rate, I drove the XJ North this weekend; I ran without wipers while others relied on thiers.

I recommend it. and Fog-X

js

Reply to
Jjsegr