Re: Front TJ D-30 axle-- is there a dust cap?

Not sure exactly what you mean by the bearing itself. But...the TJ's have a seal hub/bearing unit. You will see the cotter pin, nut, etc. Being that its a sealed unit, the dust and water and grime doesnt get in. You can get a center cap for the wheels, but IMO its just one more thing to break when you go off road.

>Help -- I recently bought a '99 TJ that has Centerline Hellcats on it. While >>rotating my tires, on the front with the rims off, I noticed I can easily see >>the axle nut (with cotter key) and I think even the wheel bearing itself.... >>should there be some sort of cap to keep the dust, water, and grime out?? My >>CJ had lockouts on it, and I'm still pretty green with the TJ's. >> >>TIA >>Trent
Reply to
jbjeep