Re: It's A Jeep Thing....

If you're asking for an opinion, I don't think it's appropriate on any Jeep...

"I think it would have been more appropriate on a TJ that had a six-inch lift, mud hawgs, banged-up exterior, etc." How about "Move or I'll ram your friggin minivan ass..."

I recently saw the decal "It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand" > on the windshield of a late model TJ. This Jeep was a Sahara, not > lifted, stock wheels and tires. I think it would have been more > appropriate on a TJ that had a six-inch lift, mud hawgs, banged-up > exterior, etc. Am I the only one who thinks this way? >
Reply to
Joe

hi mark, dont be so elitist. jeeping isnt about your lift or your tires......it isnt about how "pretty" your paint is either. jeeping is inside you, and only you know what it means to you. i drove an ass stock '00 sahara for over a year before i lifted it and i know i was more of a "hardcore jeeper" than many others with heavily modified rigs just because of my attitude and outlook about jeeping. hell, i was more of a jeeper when i didnt own a jeep than many who own heavily modified rigs because to some its just an image and to some, its a way of life.

im sure the owner of that sahara had a "relationship" with his jeep that only a jeeper would understand so id bet that sticker was far more appropriate on his stock jeep than on a lot of lifted posers.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

I have an "It's a Jeep thing" sticker with the "you wouldn't understand" part cut off below my "FINAL XJ" plate on my '01 XJ--

I don't get offroad at 53 as much as used to, but love that I can---

Paul B.

01 XJ 95 XJ (son # 2) 91 Celica Turbo All-Trac (for icy winters, etc.)

PLB49

Reply to
Thomas W.

If you get that made, I want one!!! ;-)

Eric

99 TJ SE
Reply to
Eric

I like the one some people were talking about putting on a Full Size Jeep, SOA, 35-38" boggers, big black homemade bumper in mirror image letters so you can read it from you rear view mirror: "This is Gonna Hurt!!" ;) TJim

Reply to
TJim

love it!

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Personally, I have never understood that bumper sticker either. And you know, somehow I am able to have fun off-road in my jeep despite my lack of understanding.

FWIW, my bumper sticker reads "Nuke the gay baby whales for Jesus." I'm not sure what that means either, but for some inexplicable reason it makes me laugh.

Reply to
sm3gurpal

I'm not a huge fan of the slogan, but I hafta ask... cause I see people say this all the time. What's hard to understand about the Jeep Thing stickers? We throw large sums of cash at these money pits and then take them into the wilderness and destroy them (relatively speaking). We risk the vehicle and our lives conquering insane obstacles (well, some of us do).

So when people ask, "Why do you waste so much time wrenching on your Jeep when you're just gonna wreck it again?", we say, "It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand". The "Thing" is the lifestyle, the desire to improve our vehicles that we might conquer the rocks we couldn't climb last time...

Seems pretty simple to me.

Reply to
Tyler Dirden

So you are bored with the conventional life style, and a little nuts besides? OK, I can buy that. At least you're not watching football and guzzling beer all the time...

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

I had one of those stickers given to me, but my wife would not allow me to put it on my Jeep(I know! I know! But I DO value her opinion).

She said that it was elitist because it meant that I would not discuss my love of the Jeep with anyone. Maybe they would understand if given a chance and maybe they would love it just as much as myself. So maybe mine should say "Its a Jeep thing....Just try it"

Reply to
aGraham

very warm and inclusive of you - better get the trademark on it before DC does :-)

I hate all stickers as they are either shameless advertising or a joke that's only marginally the funny the first time you see it. The only one I would consider having is a very small one on the front bumper saying "If you can read this, I don't give a f*k about your onboard baby" , but that wouldn't be funny the second time either...

Dave Milne, Scotland '99 TJ 4.0 Sahara

Reply to
Dave Milne

Reply to
attnews

Reply to
attnews

well said...

Reply to
MJ w/ 2 TJ's

You might like mine. It says "Buckle Up, It Keeps The Aliens From Sucking You Out Of Your Car!" We have many similar clever sayings like this in the Colonies. ;o)

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

You can't beat the sign on the way to the Grand Canyon:

"Elks are big"

Dave Milne, Scotland '99 TJ 4.0 Sahara

: > I hate all stickers as they are either shameless advertising or a joke : > that's only marginally the funny the first time you see it. The only one I : > would consider having is a very small one on the front bumper saying "If : you : > can read this, I don't give a f*k about your onboard baby" , but that : > wouldn't be funny the second time either... : >

: > Dave Milne, Scotland : > '99 TJ 4.0 Sahara : >

: >

: :

Reply to
Dave Milne

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Nice "elks".

message

Reply to
TJim

I guess it's like anything else, it meant something once, but now it's a generic term that can be applied to anything bearing the Jeep=AE name, for example the Jeep boombox, the Liberty, someday the replacement for the Wrangler. Riding around town with the bimini top, no doors, during a driving rainstorm, the slogan fit. A stock Sahara, looking like some yuppy's dream, nope. An 'elitist'? Not quite.

Reply to
Mark James