Re: She cranks, She runs, She's fuel injected!!!

> Thanks to all who helped me on this project. I fired up my CJ last night > after completing the Mopar Fuel Injection kit install and it runs like a > champ. I needed to adjust a couple of things like the diode being installed > backwards and the 12 volt source on the wrong pole and a adustment to the > distributor cap for proper rotor/pole lineup but after that it ran fine. > Now I still need to close off the Pulse Air exhaust vents which I'll do > tonight. One thing though I didn't see the great increase in HP that I > thought I would. I still haven't taken it on the highway yet so we'll see > as time progresses. > > thanks again, > > bill
Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

When my Pulse Air injection tubes broke, I plugged the holes with brass plugs that I got from my local Ace Hardware. They were standard off-the-shelf brass plugs.

I noticed a significant power increase from the MPFI kit, but I installed a new header at the same time, so I don't know what power increase came from the kit and what power came from the header. Frankly, I think most of my power came from the header, the kit gave me increased reliability and improved mileage.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Cool!

It's a nice feeling when a serious mod fires up eh.

Mike

William Oliveri wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Where did you buy the mopar unit? Used to see a dealer that had it for

1600.00 but can't remember the name. Also, how much time did it take to install?

Dan Ferrell

84 CJ
Reply to
Dan Ferrell

I bought mine used for 1000.00 shipped plus the Balancer used for 80.00 shipped. I had to buy the O2 sensor and some other more minor things.

Acutally it took me over a month but I had to do some modifications to the exhaust manifold to make that fit properly as the former owner didn't seat that correctly and then to the power steering bracket to make the aluminum valve cover fit then a lot of running around to find certian parts. Plus I had only Half Saturdays and 1 to 2 hours every other night after work.

Reply to
William Oliveri

Congrats man! Must feel real good getting that thing running again. Can't wait to do mine....

Reply to
serg