Rear Locker selection needed with 33 or 35 inch tires

Hi,

Locker question. What brand of rear locker will work with both 33 inch an/or

35 inch tires? 97TJ, 4.0, 410 or 411 ratio (see my other question)? I am not running onboard air. This is a daily driver. Locker to go in the rear, Ford 8.8 rear end.

Thanks,

paul

Reply to
pbarton

I'd go for a Detroit Locker which is fine for a daily driver, it's what I'm running on my daily driver TJ with 35" tires and I love it.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Jerry, are you running a D44, 8.8, 9", or ? in the rear? D30 front? Locked front?

Carl

Reply to
Carl

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
robb6435 via CarKB.com

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Hi robb6435, I am running a D30 in the front. I am not sure it will hold up to the stress of a locker in the front end if I am running 33" or 35" tires. thanks, paul

Reply to
pbarton

Reply to
pbarton

An EZ-Locker would be extremely poorly behaved in the rear axle. If you want an easily installed lunchbox locker like the EZ-Locker for the rear, go with the Powertrax No-Slip locker instead which is FAR better behaved in a rear axle. Its cost is similar and the installation process is identical. :)

Jerry

pbart> Hi Jerry,

Reply to
Jerry Bransford