Rear Spring Hardpoint

The spring bushings with my 2.5 BDS lift kit increase the width from 3 to 3.5 inches. What is the best way to spread the bracket? I almost bent a large screwdriver testing the waters.

Reply to
McCurdy

What kind of jeep? What kit did you get that gave you different width springs than your stock ones? If your jeep was made for 3" springs (I'm assuming they are leaf springs) and you want to install 3 1/2" springs, you are going to have to change all the pads and brackets, the shackles, probably some other miscellaneous stuff. Don't try to pry the brackets wider.

Reply to
TJim

Reply to
McCurdy

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Sounds like you got YJ springs that are 2.5" wide.

CJ springs are 2". The springs themselves are slightly narrower than 2" and the bushings make them 'just' over 2", maybe 2 1/8".

You 'can' change the brackets to put on YJ springs, but you will need to change the shackles and the axle perches to make them work.

You cannot bend the brackets, it will weaken them too much.

Mike

McCurdy wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

or a cheap fix is to justcut the bushing extra off with a hacksaw blade or knife. john

Reply to
johnny