RIM SIZE FOR 2006 WRANGLER X

I think you're exaggerating the effect here. If you remove the shocks, the springs will not fall out, not a chance. Now if you remove them and hyper compress one side of the axle you _might_ possibly be able to remove the opposite spring with some concerted effort. A lot of people use a spring compressor at that point.

tw

Reply to
twaldron

??????news:46d6e341$0$5519$ snipped-for-privacy@unlimited.newshosting.com...

I have found a lift kit with four Pro Comp ES3000 shocks, four 2" coil spacers, four 2" bump stops with longer bolts, and blue shock boots (my jeep is navy blue) for $290. This includes S&H. Would someone please offer some input regarding the quality of these Pro Comp ES3000 shocks? Also, some of the lift kits I have seen come with clevis shock mounts. What are those, and what are they for?

THANKS

Reply to
Tracie

Naw, jack up one side only and the rear suckers fall out. You need to compress the front ones on one side to get the droop to 'pull' out a spring, but no compressor is needed for either. I helped with a spacer install a bit ago.

The Jeep isn't street legal without the anti-sway bars in most places.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile... Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! Jan/06
Mike Romain

Well, to literlly fall out, you first have to remove the bump stops, otherwise the spring will seat again in it's place when the suspension sits. Yes, you don't need a spring compressor to remove the springs. If you remove the shocks and disconnect the sway bar, the axle drops enough in each side to remove the springs without a compressor. You can even install taller springs of much higher lifts whitout a spring compressor if you disconnect the track bar.

The key about the shocks limiting suspension travel in expansion is that - if correctly set - the spring is completely or almost completely unloaded when the suspension is fully extented in that side. So no damage is done to the shock. Of course, if the suspension movement was limited by the shocks in the half of the travel, then the shocks would be busted in no time.

Bill Spiliotopoulos, '96 XJ, '06 TJ.

? "Mike Roma>> Bill Spiliot>>> My TJ came new without the rear anti-sway bar installed.

Reply to
Bill Spiliotopoulos

I'll buy that description. Listen, I'm just glad to be able to have a decent discussion with someone on the NG. With all the crap, it's been a LONG time.

tw

Bill Spiliot> Well, to literlly fall out, you first have to remove the bump stops,

Reply to
twaldron

I'd take it to your dealer and double-check that it was not supposed to have one, no rear anti-sway bar can be dangerous on the TJ in certain situations.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo