unbelieveable deja vu

Nathan Collier

That sucks. How much will you charge to let me destroy a couple of those bad stickers? I posted your link over on the Jeepster Club's board.

Reply to
Paul Calman

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 06:37:33 GMT, "Nathan Collier" shared the following:

Dang. Now I want one of those stickers. No, make that two of them. Keep us updated on this, please, and if you *do* start to sell them or uh... "give them away" then I'd like two of them and would be willing to donate some $ for them if you are "giving them away" you know, like as a charity thing. Or something. ;-P Feel free to email me if you want to "give away" a couple of those stickers. *cough*

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

I'll also help you destroy your existing inventory... Oddly enough, I work in the "Kilpatrick Stockton" in Raleigh, NS (not for the lawfirm but in the building). In fact, if you send me the stickers, I can perhaps place one or two of them on some KS vehicles...

Reply to
Joe

Obviously they watch you very close. How does it feel to be under a microscope? Best of luck!

-- JimG

80' CJ-7, 258 CID 35" BFG MT's on 15x10 Centerlines 4.56 D30-D44 SOA D300 w/4:1 & Currie twin sticks Warn 8000i w/dual batteries LockRight F&R

Reply to
JimG

They have a right to enforce their trademark. Nathan did violate that with the stickers (of which I own 3). As I understand it they don't actually have a valid trademark due to the pre-existance of the 7-slot grill design on the ford version of the original jeep, but until someone wins a court case to prove that it doesn't matter.

This does sadden me greatly. I like the Jeep brand and what it has stood for in the past but Chrysler seems to have become schizophrenic recently. On one hand they appear to value brand loyalty with events such as Camp Jeep and the Jamborees while at the same time they persecute some of their most loyal customers with actions such as those perpetrated against Nathan.

I guess the bottom line really is to sell cars and they will do anything to increase sales. It is a busines after all. Maybe it will work out for them and maybe there won't be a jeep brand in 10 years.

I'll be buying a new car for my wife soon which had been a sure sale for a Grand Cherokee. We'll see how I feel about Chrysler in a few more months, but if I was buying today I'd go straight to the VW dealer and buy a Toureg. It is a better vehicle in every respect except true off-roading ability. If Chrysler doesn't want my loyalty I'm happy to give some back to VW.

Perhaps the 'trail ready' th>

Tim Hayes

Reply to
twaldron

I'm telling you, we gotta dump these DC products and buy some Land Rover D90s!

Nathan, how much have you invested in the stickers? What about just giving them away to members as opposed to selling them? I'm sure there must be a distinction between the sale of sacred "grill" stickers and freebies. I can see how they might be able to force you to stop selling them, but to 'mandate' that you "destroy your exisiting stock" is fascist.

I have an idea, why don't they stop spending money on suing every "joe" that utters the word "jeep" and funnel those funds into making their product SAFER and MORE RELIABLE. How'd that be? Should we have a betting pool on how long it will be before DC goes after your neighborhood bar & grill for using the word "grill"?

NOTICE THAT THERE IS NO MENTI>

twaldron

I wonder: forgetting about color "issues", if it would be legal to replace the "line art" picture of the Jeep on the sticker with a picture of _your_ Jeep? I can't imagine it being illegal to sell photographs of your own property for profit.

Obviously, a little Photoshop work to make it appear "rolled" would be in order -- unless you'd like to actually roll it. Maybe you could solicit a volunteer from a certain law office to take the place of the "line art" human... :)

Besides, I don't recall signing any paperwork during the purchase of either of my Jeep vehicles, stating that Daimler owned the rights to any and all photographs and/or depictions of _my_ vehicle, or that I needed to obtain permission from them to profit from any pictures or depictions.

-John

Reply to
John Sevey

Reply to
twaldron

Nathan, I think I know what the problem is, the human figure doesn't have any clothing. :-)

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Just stop selling the stickers, and give them away free with every order of $200 or more, or whatever. They can't stop you from giving stuff away, can they?

Reply to
CRWLR

On 25 Nov 2003 12:21 PM, CRWLR posted the following:

They can now do anything they want because they know from past experience that Nathan can't afford to fight them.

---------------------------------------------------- Del Rawlins- del@_kills_spammers_rawlinsbrothers.org Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email. Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:

Del Rawlins

Approximately 11/25/03 05:55, JimG uttered for posterity:

I wonder if they are really watching him or if someone who shall not be named is a fink.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

I'll gladly help out too. Sure would look good on my YJ that just went belly up. I'll be repairing it with my CJ spares though. And to think I was going to get my daughter a Rubicon. Looks like she is going to get one of the early CJs, maybe the CJ8!

chris

Reply to
gosling1

Now that would suck!

JimG

Reply to
JimG

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
twaldron

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

"Nathan Collier" wrote in news:NMCwb.17448 $ snipped-for-privacy@twister.southeast.rr.com:

I'd be more than happy to help you deplete your inventory of stickers also Nathan. Feel free to email me.

Have a great Turkey Day!

Mike D.

85 CJ7
Reply to