Rollover Check-valve

well, after working on my recessed Led lights, i rememberd my son mentioning a gas smell a few weeks ago when i had all the windows out, and the other day when walking around the jeep when the bottom back plastic corners off,

so i checked the Rollover check valve, this morning, its shot all crumbly rubber, , so i read alot of the back posts, (90YJ by the way) and did what one of the posts said, i took the doo-hickie and went to the auto parts store, and told them i needed another one,

they all,,three of them looked at it, and went into shock,,, what is it?,,,whats it do? where did it come from? why does it smell like gas? , i knew i was doomed,,,its beutifull out, and im jeepless, till tuesday,,,GRRRRRR till the jep dealer opens up, , but i was wondering if i can temperarily re-route any hoses back there to be able to drive this thing, i have the small hose stuffed inside a large hose, that fits over the steel fuel line, with clamps,

IS this safe? im not looking for a darwin award.

johnp

Reply to
Dirty Ditch Dawg

[...]

You need a new parts store.

This is not a stealer item. You can get one at NAPA. You should be able to find it at the online store at

Jeff Strickland

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Interesting, I was looking for a charcoal cannister replacement for my '76 CJ5 resto project and tried NAPA, I got the same response he did. My local Jeep dealers parts manager is a Jeep nut and has sources for a lot of the more obscure CJ parts. Even he couldn't find one.

Reply to
SoK66

the "stealers" want 30.00 just for the rubber boot,,,GAWD,,its just a cut down turky baster,

as ov this moment ive got soldered brass fittings on it, so theres no valve, but the hoses are connected and not leaking,

johnp

Reply to
Dirty Ditch Dawg

Just keep the rubber side down and you will be fine... ;-)

I was worried when I didn't find one in my CJ7 because the book calls for it, but then when I lost the tank on the trail one time and had to put it in the back seat on it's side because I toes a hole in it I figured out the valve was in the tank top itself so gas didn't come out the vent lines.

Mike

Dirty Ditch Dawg wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Actually, the charcoal cannister might be a strealership item. I am almost certain the roll over check valve is not.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland