Check engine P0441 Evap system problem

Hi all, The check engine light of my corolla (1999) went on around 2 weeks back. I went to the AutoZone and they told me that it was my loosen gas cap and the light will go off after some time... but that never happend.

So I went back to MIDAS and they diagnosed that as P0441 Evap System problem.

I did some reading and found that this is some kind of a common problem for Toyota cars.

The original Toyota VSV had been replaced with an updated model it seems.

I have 2 questions,

1) Can I buy this part online ? 2) Is it possible to replace this part by myself (though Im not a mechanic :) )

Appreciate any comments on this.

Thanks in advance,

Jil

Reply to
Jil

I'm getting that same error code on my 99 Camry. It happens every 6 months or so, stays on for a week or so, than goes out. Is their a TSB or "secret" free replacement deal on the relevant parts? Hell will freeze over before I spend hundreds of dollars just to avoid venting a few cubic inches of gas vapour into the atmosphere. There are no mandatory inspections here in Alberta.

sharx35

Although the cause may be similar with the Camry, AFAIK, the TSB's do not apply to the Corolla.

You can get access to the factory service manuals at techinfo.toyota.com for $10/day for the procedure to diagnose and repair the condition.

Reply to
Ray O

TSB EG003-98 covers trouble code P0441 for your Camry. There is no secret free replacement deal on relevant parts although I believe it would have been covered under an emissions warranty.

Reply to
Ray O