Seafoam?

Anyone here have experiance using Seafoam?

Thinking about running a bottle (as directed) thru my 89 Cherokee w/ the 4 liter

Comments?

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

at an auto parts store and we sell a lot of it for injector cleaner. But, then I used Penray injector cleaner and it worked well. Now our parts store has dropped the Penray brand... that's my luck. Lucus makes injector cleaner that a co-worker used the other day and now he swears by it. He

could really tell a difference in engine performance after using it. Tom T

Reply to
Tom T

Reply to
RoyJ

I've used the Valvoline synthetic stuff with good SOTP results. There's 2 bottles, the $10 and the $5. I used the $10. Read the bottles to see the difference. One is a once a year treatment and the other is used on your oil change schedule. Prices are less at Wally World btw($8 & $# i think.)

Never used the Lucas stuff, it reminds me of the whole Amsoil, Herbalife, Tupperware, etc. crap and makes me leary to buy. I'd love to see real independent tests of the different products to see if they are worth the extra scratch or if they are just one more scam/MLM scheme.

Oh, and for the wiseasses I am not concerned what Herbalife and Tupperware will do for my oil or injectors.

Shawn

Reply to
Endo

One of my ex-neighbors (I moved) used to work as an instructor for OMC - All of the Johnson outboard mechanics have to attend classes every so often to keep their OMC Certification. Anyway.....shortly after he moved into the neighborhood - my Scout was running..............actually it was barely running & I was even considering a rebuild. He walked across the street & gave me (2) 12oz bottles of "Carbon Guard". He said to pour one bottle down the carb, then put 1oz/15gal into the gas tank. It didn't seem to help much at first - but about a week later - I was coming home from work (approx

60-65mph) & it started bucking, sputtering & backfiring. Just as I thought it was going to blow.........it kind of smoothed out & started running like a recently tuned engine. It was kind of like a snake oil commercial. I guess a large piece of carbon must have gotten lodged somewhere & it finally let loose. The Scout still has not been rebuilt - but it won't go more than 2 tanks without that stuff. about $10.00 for 1 12oz bottle & 2oz per 33 gal tank - it's worth it to me...........
Reply to
Carlo