Servicing ...

The service schedule covers most things you'd expect (oil changes for transfer box,gearbox, engine, diffs), lubrication and coolant changes.

What about breather pipes and that plethora of plastic pipes that lead to the funny charcoal emissions filter - is their any recommended cleaning / replacement on that ?

Dave Milne, Scotland '99 TJ 4.0 Sahara

Reply to
Dave Milne

I wipe out the intake pipe every time the filter gets changed. As for the plastic plumbing, depends. If you bend it and it cracks then replace it.

The thing to watch is your radiator and heater hoses. If they start bulging out ( ) then it is time to replace them.

Reply to
DougW

sounds like we do the same thing then. I keep the engine bay and underside spotless so its easy to spot things like that.. and hell is it a lot of work after a muddy outing !

Dave Milne, Scotland '99 TJ 4.0 Sahara

: > What about breather pipes and that plethora of plastic pipes that lead to : > the funny charcoal emissions filter - is their any recommended cleaning / : > replacement on that ? : : I wipe out the intake pipe every time the filter gets changed. : As for the plastic plumbing, depends. If you bend it and it cracks then : replace it. : : The thing to watch is your radiator and heater hoses. If they start bulging : out ( ) then it is time to replace them. : : : :

Reply to
Dave Milne

Tell me about it. :(

The ZJ doesn't get that bad under the hood(bonnet) but it takes for ever to unpack the front and rear bumpers. I just turn on the small sprinker and pull it under the jeep.

Clean engines make it easy to spot problems.

Reply to
DougW