side step info

Looking for nerf bars for my 04 X.

Thinking of Tomken or the Warrior Rock Barz which there seems to be not alot of info on. Any body know how these(Rock Barz) install.

Also who has the best price on this stuff?

Thanks,

Reply to
Intergate

I have seen a TJ grind its way around a huge boulder on its Timken bars, and they also double as a handy side step if you cover the top with non-skid tape.

Reply to
CRWLR

Reply to
David C. Moller

SunPerformance has great rocker protection ...

If one does not need or want the side step capability, then the Sun Performance is an excellent choice.

Reply to
CRWLR

Sun Performance ALL the Wayyy!!!!

It ROCKS!!! Dont get side steps!!! Us Jeepers Love to CLIMB in Our JEEPS!!!

Reply to
IGotADisneyJeep

You'd be surprised how handy sidesteps are if they're part of a beefy tub-mounted rocker guard like from AEV

or 4XDoctor at
. Not only can those side-rails be used as apivot point around boulders and other trail obstacles, they make a handyplatform for your friends to stand on as they hang onto your rollbar to helpprevent you from rolling or tipping over. Ask me how I know that. :) Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Just went out and bought 10' of 2"x4" 3/16" square tubing - it costed $37. I'm figuring around $50 total for all materials. Then I'm getting it rhino-lining type sprayed. I was looking at the Tomkens and the Rock Barz also, then realized how overpriced they are for no more than you're getting. If you have access to a welder or someone who can do it for you, it's a simple design. Saves a sh**load of money.

Reply to
Matt Kitchell

Reply to
David C. Moller