Is the 2005 X the same as the TJ?

OK, before I get bashed, I don't own a Jeep; used to have an '89 CJ7, but that was years ago. OK, the reason for my question. I purchased a set of aftermarket Nerf side steps for my daughters '04 Wrangler X, but the bars are way too long. The bracket, depending on which way you position the step, will hang past the body mount bracket on either end.

Part number of the bars: 564462. I purchased the set from a local dealer in Virginia Beach. I searched the net and found that the steps are for a '97 to '99 TJ, which says bolt on. But these are custom drilling required. Is the X the same animal as the TJ??

Thanks, Tom

Reply to
Tom

twaldron

The Wrangler X is one of the many models of TJ.

All I can think is that after 99, the TJ's frame rails changed, and you need Nerf bars for later than 99. Having said that, I wasn't aware that there was a change.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Jeff, 'splain. What necessitates nerf bars? n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis

Um, nevermind... I just read the entirety of both posts... sorry. n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis

The only necessities that come to mind are hole placement. Well, length is an issue, but I can't imagine the length having changed, but the location sof the holes in the frame rail might be a variable.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland