soft top hardware

I have a mostly complete softtop for my 86 CJ, but it is missing the support bars around the each of the door frames needed to help the doors seal up properly. Anyone have pics of these (I don't even know what they look like) or extra parts or somewhere I could find these?

Any help is great.

Thanks

Reply to
Deano

What make is the top?

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail > I have a mostly complete softtop for my 86 CJ, but it is missing the
Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
Deano

If you look on the windows, the name should be there. The OEM is Whitco, which is what I have on mine. This is the one that snaps down at the tub rim and has roll up windows.

If that is what you have, I can take photos of the rods. There is one vertical rod and a horizontal one on each side that anchor into a metal hoop that goes over the driver head side to side and the tub.

Mike

Deano wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
Deano

I am packing up tonight for a camping trip first thing tomorrow and it is snowing out. My hardware is tucked away in a dark garage. I will be back Tuesday or Wednesday and get some photos with a tape measure sitting beside things. The rods could be made up with a little creative welding.

I will check this thread when I get back to see if someone had old hardware to get rid of for you and then take photos or not....

Mike

Deano wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain