Spotted a genuine Willys today

Little red CJ in front of me today, I didn't pay much attention to it until it stopped at a traffic light and I got close enough to notice details, the most prominent of which was the word "Willys" on the tailgate.

Was one of the early ones with the short running boards attached to the fenders. Looked like it was restored to showroom condition. Had a Vermont marker plate so one can guess that the mechanicals are as sound as the bodywork--that's at least 50 miles each way and possible a couple of hundred depending on where in Vermont.

And the best thing, they parked in front of a house for sale a couple of blocks down the street. I didn't have time to stop and chat, but if it becomes a permanent resident I'll have to correct that.

Very nice ride.

Gotta say, the ZJ feels distinctly overdressed in that company.

Reply to
J. Clarke

I saw me a red Jeepster Commando driving around yesterday.

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

Saw a fairly intact CJ2A for sale in Topsfield MA a couple of days ago. But at $2800 asking it was a bit steep, even with the Warn OD.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

Where was it? and what condition?

I believe there is a really nice (basically restored) Willys truck up the street from me. My wife and I walk by it every day, and she's commented several times that she likes it.

Reply to
PeterD