Tire size question

My '95 YJ with 2.5 engine and AX5 tranny recently got a 4.5 inch lift and it has a dana 44 rear axle with 4.56 gears. Based on looking at previous posts it seems 33 inch tires should fit with no problems and the rear axle is strong enough. Would anyone here advise me to stay with 32 inch tires due to the gearing or D30 strength concerns?

Reply to
nrs

My daughter has been running 4.88 gears on her 95 YJ, 3 1/2" lift, with AX5, 2.5 L engine, ford 9" rear and 30 front with 12x33" mud terrains, no problems, detroit in rear, lockright in front, lock right has only been in for 8 months, all the rest has been in for about 3 years.

Reply to
Greg

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like the D30 won't be a problem then. I have heard that 4.88 gears are ideal for the 2.5/AX5 combo with 33s. I have 4.56... Anybody running 33s with 4.56?

Thanks

Reply to
nrs

I just finished putting a 4" Rough Country lift on my TJ, I put 33's on it - no problem at all. By the way, if you haven't chosen a tire yet, I went with Dick Cepek mud countrys, they are really quiet on the highway - what a nice change from the factory tires - and they are GREAT in the mud and are reportedly really excellent on terrain too.

Kate PS: I'll post a pic to alt.binaries.pictures.autos right now.

My '95 YJ with 2.5 engine and AX5 tranny recently got a 4.5 inch lift and it has a dana 44 rear axle with 4.56 gears. Based on looking at previous posts it seems 33 inch tires should fit with no problems and the rear axle is strong enough. Would anyone here advise me to stay with 32 inch tires due to the gearing or D30 strength concerns?

Reply to
Kate

I'll post a pic to alt.binaries.pictures.autos right now.

PS: The pic is posted....

My Jeep is an 06 Rubicon

Reply to
Kate

Kate, a better group for our photos is: alt.binaries.pictures.autos.4x4

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail > I just finished putting a 4" Rough Country lift on my TJ, I put 33's on it -
Reply to
Mike Romain

Okie dokie... didn't even know about it!

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail > I just finished putting a 4" Rough Country lift on my TJ, I put 33's on > it -
Reply to
Kate

Thanks for the comments. I think 4.56 won't be too bad, don't think I'll bother to regear to 4.88.

Reply to
nrs

The nice part is it is a pretty empty group.

Mike

Kate wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Ummmmm.... not on my server's list :¬( K.

Reply to
Kate

I would not regear from a 4.56 to a 4.88 as this is only about a 5% change. If you ever bother to change them, go to a 5.13 for a noticable change or leave them as they are. If you live at or plan to go to altitude with it a 5.13 would be better.

SnoMan

Let the Trolls desend as their egos and insecurities need to be feed....

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

So where have you been for the last few months coward?

___________________________________________________________ SBJ: 4T65E

(Confuses a 4T65e with a 4L65e and won't admit it.)___________________________________________________________SBJ: Dumb brake question
(Discribes the wrong brakes and won't admit it.)___________________________________________________________SBJ: Front wheel bearings-2000 Blazer??
(Claims torque specs are wrong when they are not.)___________________________________________________________SBJ: Snoball Defense System v1.01
(Snoball breaks these out when he knows he's wrong and doesn't want to admit it.)___________________________________________________________Snoman these are things YOU wrote.Don't like what YOU wrote?Then YOU should stop posting.

Reply to
Heatwave

Thanks, that seems to be the general consensus.

Reply to
nrs

It is a legit group properly set up. Based on that you should be able to go to your ISP's 'help' page or their newsgroup and request it to be added to their list.

I have done this in the past with success, so have lots others here over the years.

Meanwhile you can browse the group from here:

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 'New' frame in the works for '08. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build Photos:
Mike Romain

Again, thanks Mike. I was just getting ready to do just that, when I saw your post. I posted a request, now the ball is in BellSouth's court.

Thanks for the link too!

Kate