Took my TJ for an exercise on the beach!

Hi Group, I have been listening (rather reading) here for a while, but have not posted much. I had just recently got a TJ, but never had a chance to take it off-road. Today I decided to go for a walk on the beach (in a TJ), what a blast. I am going to join a local club for doing off-road runs more often than "occasionally". Access to the beach meant driving over a sand dune first (all legal and clearly marked as 4WD use). After that it was black volcanic sand and fun on the beach. Although I am a newbie at off-roading, but TJ made it look real simple. I just had to be gentle and not start digging in the sand with my tyres.

I am going on a trail with a group in a couple of weeks (part of my own training). I just can't wait for it, now that I have tasted the fun. I was addicted to the Jeep looks even as a kid, but now I am getting addicted to the fun I can have in it (both on and off-road).

Here is to a happy friendship with nature. TW

Reply to
TW

You sound like you have the right atitude and are having fun! Ride the wheels off it man!

Mike

98 TJ SE
Reply to
GzrGlide

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

It was a lot of fun indeed. I am learning what I can and cannot do in a TJ. Once I am more comfortable and confident of TJ's and TW's capabilties, I intend to have a lot more fun with it.

TW

Reply to
TW

I did wash it afterwards, but I stayed away from the salt water as well. Whatever salt I had picked up was from the sand. Thanks for the warning though. It will be very difficult to keep it dry and rust free here in Auckland because it rains almost every other day. Today was the first dry Saturday after a long time. So far I have not seen any rust anywhere. Do you have any suggestions as to what can be done to keep it that way?

New Zealand is a nice place for a 4x4 driver. One can drive from a beach to a snow covered volcano in a few hours. Not to mention all the forest, bush and mud around everywhere.

Cheers, TW

Reply to
TW