Nathan W. Collier

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin about! n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis

Nathan, where were these taken?

Norm

Reply to
Norm & Debbie

Are you sure that not a conversion...I thought it was, only thing that threw me was the full length hard top.

Reply to
Joseph P

im not sure, it was a thread that showed up and i found it very interesting.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

thats possible too, sorry if i jumped the gun on posting the link. even if it is a conversion, it changed my thinking on the unlimited at least a little. i still think they should have given it 4 doors, but i can see the potential.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

btw......fwiw the extended jeep as a "trail rated" badge on it. :-)

there is also a pic of a green unlimited now.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

I have a few snaps of the Unlimited from the Chicago Auto show... I have a seperate directory with pictures of the frame of the red UnLim at the show, revealing the new sections they welded in. The black one had no welds meaning the frame was one piece. n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis

i really like that bronco concept. what type of suspension was it running?

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

They appear to be from Easter Jeep Safari in Moab this weekend. The obstacle is called Dump Bump at the entry to the Hells Revenge trail if I rember correctly.

Reply to
Kevin Sperle

The picture of the "Unlimited" is surely an American Expeditions Rig (giveaway are their trademark wheels)... see their web site for an even more brutal example....

..theseguys have been lengthening jeeps for years and do prototypes for Jeep....

Regards,

-Jim

Reply to
Jim Bratton

Reply to
Chad Fraker

I'd bet a dime over a worn out nickel that it's probably an AEV Unlimited. It's got the hood and AEV's wheels, and a black hard top.

From everything I've ever seen, AEV always colormatched the hard tops.

Reply to
Chad Fraker

You are correct these are from Moab. The obstacle with the puddle is indeed the Dump Bump. It is an optional way to get on the Hells Revenge trail. Its optional because 98% of the vehicles in Moab can't make it. Coil springs, leaf springs most don't make it and ever since they blocked it off and started charging to use it nobody goes there much anymore. :-(

Dean

Reply to
Dean

I am so sick of that stupid little badge....like my 98 is that different from an 04...although I still don't see how the new mirrors (both side and rearview) improves the off-road capability that much...or the new seat tilting lever...or the....

Reply to
Joseph P

So DC is just mass marketing a cheap version of an AEV stretch...how disappointing, or really cool, that is.

Reply to
Joseph P

I'm waiting for the "Picnic Rated" badge to come out ..

Dave Milne

Reply to
twaldron

Reply to