Wagoneer Engine Replacement Choices ?

Bill,

He's complaining about the AMC 360's performance, not the six's. There has to be something wrong with it, or Dave has an insatiable appetite for power.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

It's not likely to pull me to my death as a) I can slap it in neutral or b) hit the kill switch. Besides, lpg requires 940 degrees Fahrenheit to ignite, unlike petrol which requires 430. It stinks, so you can detect leaks easily, and it doesn't form puddles. I bet the carbon steel tank is a lot more puncture resistant than the plastic one that comes with TJs or the thin steel one on your CJ.

Dave Milne

OK, if you can wait until the weekend, I'll photograph both the engine and the badge :-)

Dave Milne

LP Gas is the safest fuel there is unless you do stupid things with it.

LP Gas is the fastest growing fuel everywhere in the world except one country, the country wher its use was pioneered: the United States. Because we are dumb now, I think.

LP Gas works great as a primary fuel in spark ignition engines and as a power-enhancing supplement in diesel engines.

The AMC 360 in a well built up straight LP configuration with 11:1 compression pistons and some intelligent tuning, would surely give 360 hp. Headers, intake manifolds, et al are available. It's a good engine.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

I don't know about the LP gas but if Dave tries the other things we've suggested and the engine still doesn't have enough pep he might try raising the compression a bit.

You can do a LOT to an engine and still make it easier and cheaper than doing an engine swap!

Jeff DeWitt

Bret Ludwig wrote:

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt