Warn XD9000i problem

I have a couple of problems with my Warn XD9000i winch, the first being that it's really difficult to engage the free-spool, the lever is very stiff and sometimes won't fully engage despite running the motor in either direction first. Is this likely to be a fault or is it a general issue with winches?

Also, I have lost the grub screw that secures the end if the winch line onto the drum, it seems to be a strange size/thread as I have tried a few from my toolbox that won't go in. Anyone know where I can get a replacement? Google has been pretty fruitless.

TIA

Andy

Reply to
Andy

For spare part mubers start here:

They're only showing one UK dealer: Dealer Name: Arbil Ltd Phone: 01384 895700 Fax: 01384 898645 Address: Bromley St Lye, Stourbridge West Midlands, GB DY9 8HS Email: snipped-for-privacy@arbil.co.uk

There are several other less direct outlets e.g.:

Dougal

David Bowyer will probably be able to help,

He's supplied us with all sorts of winch parts over the years.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd