What does the Mechanic get

There are good and decent mechanics or technicians out there, however they seem to be getting fewer and fewer.

Guys like mic chanic are one of the main reasons I post here. So folks can get a half way educated guess on a fix without having to get burned by guys like that.

Mike

Mike Romain

No worries. The tar brush is fairly narrow.

That's no less than what I expect from a professional mechanic. "This is what I found, this is what you should get taken care of soon, this here is what I can't let you drive away with."

Bingo.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

"Del Rawlins" wrote

snip

Yeah I must have missed that thread, or skipped over it since my 16 year old Jeeps have no warranties left. 8^o I did just read it here:

And then I saw/read the reason for his action here:
I quote: "well if you guys need the details it was a guy who bought a used ford truck at another jeep dealer with a service contract and came in cursing at us all because he had to wait for ford parts to show up at a jeep dealer and then threatened me personally i became very mad and i don't get mad easy so i did him a favor i also left the dealer before they took over and am happy at another one so now you have the whole story BUT the moral of the story is read the fine print of that purchase contract,it may contain awhole lot of exceptions that you might agree to just be signing you name on the deal"

I have heard that sometimes people don't get "mad" they get even. ;-) I understand his actions after reading his post now and I think someone asked the Lift and Warranty question that he honestly answered! He wanted everyone to know that it was possible to lose the warranty if the vehicle has been modified.

What he said in this previous thread ("What does the Mechanic get") seemed valid and correct.

I don't know about others, but I WILL listen to what "mic canic" says!

JMHO later, dave AKA vwdoc1

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

No problem dave, just take his and anyone's opinions with a grain of salt....

I will lay of the guy unless he keeps on feeding mechanic money making BS to the folks here like telling folks they have to pay for the recalls type stuff.

'If' he is a mechanic he likely must know something about Jeeps.... ;-)

Mike

Reply to
Mike Romain

I must have missed that post, but in other words, he admitted there that voiding the guy's warranty had absolutely nothing to do with any modifications which may have been present, and everything to do with a personality conflict. Which we may or may not be getting the whole story of, there being two sides to every argument.

In business, you will occasionally encounter a customer who cannot be pleased; this sometimes happened (rarely) in my family's tire dealership and is inevitable. When this occurs, the correct response is to simply refuse service, and suggest that the customer might be happier taking his business elsewhere. What is not the right thing to do, is what "mic canic" did and f*ck the guy such that he will be screwed no matter where he goes. If the individual in fact threatened him, voiding his warranty only serves to escalate the situation and is a mean spirited, immature action. As you said, some people get even and now the customer is a whole lot more likely to make good on his threats that he supposedly made.

Suit yourself. He'll never touch anything of mine.

---------------------------------------------------- Del Rawlins- del@_kills_spammers_rawlinsbrothers.org Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email. Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:

Del Rawlins