What to do when it doesn't work

Today my wife was talking to our daughter-in-law and our 3 year old grandson was having issues with his battery powered jeep. He has out grown the one he has and it does not have the power it once did. He could not keep up with his sisters jeep so he got out stomped his feet and kicked it, threw his hands in the air and said I want a newer one. They learn so young.

Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

I agree. Call up Binford and do it up Tim-the-toolman style! Be sure to get the grunt right after you say 'power jeep 5000'.

Carl

Reply to
Carl

Hmm, not replace the battery with an Optima deep cycle, double the wire guage to the motor, and add cooling fins to the motor using Arctic Silver?

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

What's that? Duct tape?

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Oh No, it's not duct tape. It's "a unique high-density filling of micronized silver and enhanced thermally conductive ceramic particles"

In the computer world if you want to go faster AND stay cool, this is the stuff.

Matthew '82 CJ-7

Reply to
matthewf_boi

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

They live on the left coast it would have to be propane or E85

Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

.... and hopefully his reward for this behavior was an abrupt warming of the seat of his pants and the loss of his driving privileges for several days...???

Kate

Reply to
Kate

There is actually quite a lot of information out there about powering up your Power Wheels. I have been looking at some with thoughts of (nearly) my three year old grandson's little Jeep.

Here's just a quick link

If you google, you can find a TON of information, enough to overwhelm you.

BUT they may want to wait awhile so as not to reward him for throwing a hissy fit. Maybe give him some little jobs that he can do to earn a new one and some upgrades.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

Nope quite the opposite, he was offered a coke and rewarded with more TV wearing his wife beater t-shirt and scratching himself. Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

This is from someone with a Libby in the family!

Why not drop in that 429 you got sitting in the garage? Probably have to beef up the frame a bit though..

Reply to
billy ray

LOL... yee gawds...

Reply to
Kate

The other posts were entertaining, but you should check that both motors are actually working. We have two, and we had to have one motor replaced on the red one and the pink one now has a bad motor.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Doesn't that Bret person have an engine for one of those? ;-)

Mike

Mike Romain

Thanks for the info my son did check and all is well he has just out grown and over used it time for a bigger model. Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Tee hee.

It uses a water-cooled Kawasaki v-twin engine. My neighbor is a big Harley fanatic and recently I was over at his house and he has a spare v-twin in his workshop. The wheels were spinning in my head, wondering if the Harley would fit, and how it could be adapted.

That said, putting a Hog motor in anything Kawasaki will probably get me killed around here.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III