Who's been wheeling?

Anybody been out wheeling lately????

I am headed down to the Fordyce and the 'Con the end of this week.

-jenn

Reply to
jbjeep

Haven't even taken mine out of storage. :( Too much rain. The river that runs through my usual wheeling spots is running at 10x normal. Every beaver pond is full and overflowing.

Plus I w> Anybody been out wheeling lately????

Reply to
RoyJ

I finally got the summer half doors painted to match the rest of the Jeep, so it's no more redneck two tone for me. I have been renovating and gardening. I now have a shower --inside-- the house, which my wife has been saying for years was "necessary". Yeah whatever. If she wasn't such a good cook outrageous requests like that one would simply be ignored. I'm going to take a week or so off from the renovation and check out some of the trails around here. A local mountain bike nut tells me there is still lots of snow and tree branches to deal with, maybe even an occasional rock slide. Friday there is a parade on the Animas River in Durango and I have a front porch seat. The river is still real high and it is amazing the rigs some people will put in it.

Have a good one.

Earle

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Earle Horton

** Posted from
**
Reply to
L.W.(ßill)Hughes III

We went to Coon Creek last weekend... didja see the pics? Link in "What I did on my summer vacation"

I am SO jealous of you, ya little rat! Some of our club members are in MOAB right now, sending lots of photos to make the rest of us po folk green with envy.

I am headed down to the Fordyce and the 'Con the end of this week.

-jenn

Reply to
Kate

I am headed down to the Fordyce

Reply to
Kate

So THATS how you spend your time these days! Way cool.

Reply to
jbjeep

Sounds like fun.

Sorry, but I have to agree with your wife!!! Not only an indoor shower, but one with HOT water too. =)

Reply to
jbjeep

Have not yet, because that site is blocked at work. I have not had time at home, too busy trying to fix things and pack and load.

This is a sweet time for Moab, although, when isnt?? I think we are planning Moab

2009 or was it 2010? I cant recall right now, one year is Mexico (non-4x4) and the other is Moab.

Reply to
jbjeep

Actually, no. the flows are nice and low right now, they didnt get a lot of snow.

This is from the guy assigned to keep an eye on the flows: "The Fordyce flows are turning out to be less than expected. This is good news for us! They are releasing about 35cfs. They had expected more by now but the reservoir is not filling up. The last two months have been really dry down there and now they are saying it is a dryer year than last year which was really dry already. They are saying to expect 30-40cfs for the rest of June. The question is how much more water we will see from snow melt, but hopefully the snow is almost gone. I checked other sites and found that they had no snow at their measurement stations. They also say that if they decide to increase the flow above 50cfs in June they will fly the river to announce it."

Granted, I dont know what 35cfs looks like down there. There is still a couple of feet of snow up top - but the trail was opened up two weeks ago by some really built buggies.

Reply to
jbjeep

You mean it has to have hot water too? ;^)

Earle

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Earle Horton

Headed out to Tahuya on Sunday... Just a little puddle splashing, nothing like Fordyce. :)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

We're headed up to Superlift again over the 4th, club meeting this weekend, likely will go play afterward.

Reply to
Kate