Why Did They Do That?

Well, I was servicing the 04 TJ and 04 WJ and both have 4.0L engines the WJ is the wife's and the TJ is mine. You would think after all these many years that Chrysler Corp would have their shit together but, their I go thinking again.

The WJ only has 2 grease fittings both on top of the upper ball joints I guess the rest magically lube them selves. The TJ has 5 more where the WJ should have had. Both have the same design on the front ends.

The WJ uses typical power steering fluid for the power steering unit and the TJ's power steering unit uses Chrysler automatic transmission fluid.

I actually wrote Chrysler Corp and asked what was their reason for this and it will be fun to see what their answer will be.

Reply to
HarryS

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I agree but my 04 TJ came with ATF+4 in the power steering unit. They must of done some design work on the pump to use ATF+4. On page 255 of the owners manual it says to use ATF+4 in the power steering. But for the 04 WJ it says to use power steering fluid. I just found that odd on a cookie cutter 4.0L engine made the same year.

Reply to
HarryS

Don't hold your breath waiting for a reply.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo