Willys military test video

They forgot the helicopter Jeep:

God Bless America, Bill O|||||||Omailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

No GI's were (seriously) hurt in the testing portion of this film. :-)

At the shot of Marilyn Monroe in Korea, I had to stop and check to see who was driving...my father-in-law served in the Army in Korea and at one point drove her around when she was doing her USO shows. But it didn't look like him in the shots in this video.

Many years later (Late 70s/early 80's) FIL was in a restaurant in Manhattan having breakfast, and he saw Joe DiMaggio come into the restaurant alone. He introduced himself and told Joe how he had driven Marylin around in Korea. Joe seemed genuinely touched.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

I especially enjoyed the "jeep as cable car" shot.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton