wiper motor troubleshooting

Yeah. Remove the wiper motor from the linkage and use jumpers to power it directly from the battery. See if it runs.

--Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

Hello all,

I've an '87 Chrysler Lebaron Sedan having trouble with the wipers not working (front wipers only). They worked, and the linkage failed one day. After replacing the bushings and reinstalling the linkage, they no longer worked. I've replaced the wiper motor, with no success.

The fuse is good, and the switch operates the washer pump properly. Per the instructions on the new motor, it grounds through the motor/bracket, paint properly scraped, bracket brushed down to bare metal, etc. Just in case, I'll be running a wire from the bracket mounting screws a bit later to a known good ground.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help. Pat

Reply to
PT