WJ Tire Replacement

My S.O. has a 2001 WJ (Limited) with 235/65R17 tires on it... Need to replace them, but want a little more rubber between the rim and the road due to the current tires having a nasty habit of allowing the rims to be damaged if you hop a curb... What's the largest tires that would fit on it currently? What about with a 2.5" budget lift of it? She doesn't want it seriously lifted since she would still like to be able to get it in the garage in addition to not wanting to give up the current suspension (i.e. she definitely does not want to have the same harsh suspension that I have with my Rancho lift kit on my XJ)...

Reply to
Grumman-581

Oh, one more thing... I was thinking about putting 265/70R17s on it... It seems that tires measured in inches are not that common for the 17" rims... If it had the same bolt pattern as my XJ, I would change them out and put

15" rims on it that were compatible with my XJ...
Reply to
Grumman-581

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)