Wrangler Question

Have a 2004 Wrangler X, noticed somtimes it takes 3 or 4 cranks to start, and when it starts there is a big puff of black smoke out of tailpipe. Could this be it is running to rich or the 87 octane gas? or????????

Reply to
jerry

jerry did pass the time by typing:

It's a good reason to take the Jeep to your dealer and have them look at it. Your not giving it fuel when starting right that puts too much fuel in the system.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I'd be right pissed and take it in right away.. My 03 starts every time in under 2 seconds, even in -32f the last few days without pluggging it in... If it was to blow any smoke there would be some real bitching at the dealer...

Reply to
Me

On 23 Nov 2003 04:47 PM, jerry posted the following:

That has nothing to do with the octane of your fuel. Take it to the dealer and make them fix it.

---------------------------------------------------- Del Rawlins- del@_kills_spammers_rawlinsbrothers.org Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email. Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:

Del Rawlins

How often do you have to put another Quart of oil in? My friends JGW burns oil very bad, it started as a puff of black smoke at start up, and became an extended amount of black smoke for minutes after starting.

Don't let that thing get out of warrantee still doing that. You may even want to spring for an hour of labor (what most shops charge for diagnostics) and get a third party non-dealer mechanic to diagnose the problem. Get him to pull the codes (not all codes cause the check engine light to come on).

Be weary of the dealer fixing the symptom (for example, changing fouled spark plugs but not what was causing them to foul so soon on a brand new vehicle).

Reply to
Simon Juncal

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Black smoke ain't oil, junior.

Reply to
bllsht

I stand corrected, thankfully I've never had a car that burned oil.

Reply to
Simon Juncal

bllsht wrote: > Black smoke ain't oil, junior.

Yes as Bill noted about 14 hours before you chimed in. BTW Have you ever contributed anything in here without coming across as a complete asshole?

Reply to
Simon Juncal

LOL.

Probably once or twice. If it starts happening too often, you be sure to set me straight, eh junior?

Reply to
bllsht

No thanks, I don't have time to babysit the socially retarded.

Reply to
Simon Juncal