Wrangler top

My wife's Wrangler's soft top is coming apart at the seams and we're considering going to a hard top. Is is hard to convert? Looking for opinions on any options... getting the old one re-sewn, buying a new soft top, buying a hard top, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Nate

YJ or TJ? Rectangular or round head lights? It makes a difference. Bestop's "Replace-A-Top" seems like a good economical option, if your hardware is still in good shape. If you have the rectangular head lights, then you would have to buy a set of doors to convert to a hard top. They are different. If you have the round head lights, you have more options. You can window shop on the Internet at

and lots of otherplaces.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

New hard tops are expensive and good condition used ones are hard to find.

If you go the soft top route, I would definitely recommend Bestop. They have the best quality and when it comes to soft tops you get what you pay for.

Good luck with your project.

NT

Reply to
Nat Man

I have a used one winter, black, '99 TJ hard top in CT for sale. It's even got a rear wiper, defroster, and factory window tint.

Email directly for details.

Reply to
B a r r y

new hard top 2000 used 800-1000 excellent shape (400-500 rough) replace a top softop new = 450.....now figure what you are willing to spend and these are your options

New hard tops are expensive and good condition used ones are hard to find.

Reply to
J. Sprauer