New Hard TOP for TJ

I have a 05 Rubicon that came with a soft top. Well that soft top has seen way better days. The last rain we got I must have had a half gallon of rain come into the tub.

To be honest, I love the soft top for wheelin, you can hear better when you slip etc, but driving my box down the street at 65, the wind noise is unbelievable. My wife thinks its great cuz she can't hear a word I say. :)

Anyone have any experience with a bestop? Should I just stick with a mopar hard top? I have a kargo master roof rack with the cage up top, so I am thinking why not a 1 piece hard top? What about a 2 piece with the kargo master?

Anyway, lets hear some opinions and experiences. Thanks guys/gals. Take care,

Reply to
ULB

Traded my '04 soft top for an '06 hard top and now I can hear my stereo :-) It's a factory top with a washer/wiper and defroster. My thoughts are if you want to pull it off for the summer it will make you happy having it on the rest of the year. Taking it off is a two man job unless you have a garage with a hoist rigged up. And you will need a place to store it.

Frank_v7.0

Hey Frank.

I have an 06. Dual tops. I run the hard top Nov-March. We went to Harbor Freight and bought one of those inexpensive little hoists and mounted it to a rafter in the shop.

With one of us using the remote and guiding the top and the other driving the Jeep out from underneath it, it works like a champ. For a LOT less than $359.

You'd just have to come up with your own rigging for the top is all. My husband built a storage cart for my top too.

Do you have any metal working skills?

K.

Traded my '04 soft top for an '06 hard top and now I can hear my stereo :-) It's a factory top with a washer/wiper and defroster. My thoughts are if you want to pull it off for the summer it will make you happy having it on the rest of the year. Taking it off is a two man job unless you have a garage with a hoist rigged up. And you will need a place to store it.

Kate

Metal working skills? ROTFLMAO! They consist of making .45" holes in soda cans. My "two man" solution is a brother who lives 3 miles from me with a barn :-) My top rests nicely on some hay bales. Yeah I'm cheap :-) Old retired folks got to watch their $$. But the advice is good for most folks.

Reply to
Frank_v7.0